We’re merely days away from our next Outturn, so probably no better time than to provide you with the tips on how to score that special bottle you’re after on Outturn day!
First up, Outturn is our monthly catalogue of tasty whisky releases exclusive to members of the SMWS. Secondly, Outturn almost ALWAYS falls on the first Friday of each month (except in November). So for February 2021, that’s the 5th of Feb, and always at midday eastern time.
In no particular order of importance, here are our top tips for scoring that special bottle you’re after on Outturn!
- Make sure you’re logged in. Seems like a simple one, but only members logged in are able to purchase.
- Make sure your credit card is up to date. Don’t want to fuss around with an expired card at midday.
- Make sure your internet connection is rock solid. In some places in Australia, your 4 or 5G is going to be probably more reliable than your wifi.
- Need to let us know something about your order? Pop a note in the ‘additional comments’ at checkout if you have time.
- Filter by price. Did you know you can filter by price when on our shop page? When midday hits it’ll make finding your bottle in the list a bit easier if you filter. Set your filter, refresh on Outturn, and there it is!
- If there’s something you’re really after as a first priority, buy it first and then check out with other selections after. You will get charged twice on freight, but we always refund the difference later if being shipped together.
- A bottle is NOT yours until you have completed the Checkout process and had confirmation on screen that your order transaction has been completed. So if you have been able to add the bottle to your cart, it is still not yours until paid for!
- Worst case scenario and you really do miss out on that special release, don’t stress. There’s fantastic single cask, cask strength, panel-approved whiskies released every month.