ARCHIE ROSE DISTILLING CO. AND THE SCOTCH MALT WHISKY SOCIETY COLLABORATION (ARDC x SMWS)
For three nights only, the Scotch Malt Whisky Society is forming a collaborative pop-up bar for the Mezzanine Level at Archie Rose Distillery, where we’ll be ‘bringing the Vaults of Edinburgh’ directly to Sydney for members, guests, friends and colleagues to come along and enjoy!
From 4pm on the 3rd of May to close on the 5th of May, Thurs-Sat, we’ll be opening rarities from the Society, past gems, future releases, current casks and specially-selected gems, all available by the dram at Sydney’s-own Archie Rose partner bar.
Each day will consist of a special archive cask opening in addition to the launch of a single cask cocktail created by Archie Rose showcasing one of the SMWS twelve flavour profiles. Each cocktail will be announced daily on via both brands’ social platforms and limited to ten serves per day.
In a further daring act of blasphemy, the three-day activation will close on Saturday 5th May with a one-off whisky blending class hosted by Archie Rose Master Distiller, Dave Withers and SMWS National Ambassador, Matt Bailey. Guests will be invited to create their own signature blended whisky from a carefully curated selection of Society bottlings.
“As a partner bar of the SMWS, we enjoy being a home away from home for Society members and whisky lovers, offering a unique and extensive range of exclusive single cask whiskies,” says Archie Rose founder Will Edwards. “This collaboration is a fantastic opportunity for whisky lovers to taste the rare and unique whiskies featured by the Society.”
- Archie Rose Distillery & Bar is located at 85 Dunning Ave, Rosebery NSW and is proudly a Partner Bar of the SMWS globally.
- This is open to all members, non-members, friends, guests etc. This is not a ticketed event, it’s a bar takeover!
- The venue is still subject to the same venue capacity limits, and it DOES fill up, so get in early to avoid disappointment.
- Pop-Up opens 4pm on Thursday 3rd May, 4pm Friday 4th May, and 5pm Saturday 5th of May.
- There is an SMWS world-first whisky-blending class on 2pm, 5th May with only 24 x places available. Read more here.